Peter Gampel, ABV/CFF, ASA, CBV, CA
Director of Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services
Peter Gampel is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Missouri and a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA) in Quebec. As part of the firm’s litigation support team, Peter contributes insights and clarity to counsel. His expertise has been used for testimony in U.S. District Court, Circuit Courts, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, U.S. Tax Court, the American Arbitration Association and Quebec Superior Court. His career spans more than 40 years providing litigation consulting and business valuation services. Peter has prepared more than 1,000 business valuation and damages reports.
His expertise has been relied on for cases related to intellectual property litigation, including patent, trade name and copyright infringement. His expert witness testimony experience includes economic damages and lost profits related to false advertising, product liability and business damages. In addition, Peter handles disputes with the IRS, shareholder and marital disputes, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary, personal injury and employment litigation.
His experience includes business valuations for management buy-ins and buyouts, stock options, corporate tax planning, estate planning, minority interest valuations, fairness opinions, goodwill and intangible asset impairment. Gampel also has assisted the United States Department of Justice in valuation-related litigation.
- Post Graduate Diploma, Public Accountancy
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Missouri
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA), Quebec, Canada
- Accreditation in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certification in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Senior Member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) in Business Valuation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)